Sunday, January 07, 2007

Favorite Recipes?

Being one who really does not like to cook much I'm always on the lookout for easy recipes. One of my wintertime favorites has to be Vegatable Chili! Here's the recipe:

2 Med potoatoes, cubed (2 cups)
1 Med onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 Small yellow bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Teaspoon ground cumin
1 Can (28 oz) whole tomatoes, undrained
1 Can (15-16 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 Can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 Medium zucchini, cubed (1 cup)

1. Heat all ingredeints except zucchini to boiling in 4 quart Dutch oven, breaking up tomatoes and stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 13 minutes.

2. Stir in zucchini. Cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender.

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

yummm...

Martha said...

That sound a little bit like cooking.

Rachel said...

So you DO like cooking, but only things you like. LOL

Shelly said...

No, I really don't like cooking - but I do like to eat and this one is easy, easy, easy!! If I gotta cook, I like easy! :)