Thursday, March 20, 2008

Catching Up...

It's been almost a whole month since I've last blogged. To be honest, I haven't even peeked in much during that time! It's not that I don't think of all my blogging friends (cuz I do).... It's just I have been doing soooo much studying!! And trying to put into practice all the things I'm learning.


Most of what I've been studying is marketing and business. Which, believe it or not, I find very interesting and exciting. I never would have believed it myself.... But I'm learning soooo much about myself through this study! And about God too!! It's just blowing me away.


So, other news....


I'm attempting to work out a deal with my daughter's pediatrician's office to display some of my work. I'm very excited about the possibility. There are 5 doctor's in that office and several hundred people go through it each week. So it would be a great way to market my business.


I've also signed up to be a vendor at the Apple Blossom Festival. I'll have a little booth with a few pictures on display and some literature. I will also be holding a drawing for a free photo session. So, if anyone would like to stop in and visit me and say hello I'll be looking for you!!! (It's May 16, 17, and 18)


I have a few other ideas I'm planning on pursuing.... such as a father's day event and maybe a pet portrait day.... but I have got to get a few things in order first. :)


Other than business....


Heather has signed on with a modeling agent. She's very excited!! She has a photo shoot with them in April and will have an online portfolio.


We went to see Horton Hears a Who the other day. I thought it was very cute!! And had a great message too!!


Oh, yeah.... Both Brian and Heather have their driver's licenses! YIKES!!!! And Heather got a car. Now she just needs a job! And we are still looking for a car for Brian though.....


I think that's about it.....

5 comments:

Martha said...

Would you believe I didn't recognize Horton!!! Yikes!

You are just too busy. Soon you will forget how to sit still and waste a little time. You will stop taking naps and think sitting on the front porch is unprofitable. How sad. (That's what happened to me once.)

Heather said...

Shelly, you have been so busy! I have to tell you that everyone I show the pictures to are so blown away by them. One of my friends said she would like to get married all over again so you could take her pictures. You have such a gift.

I saw Horton yesterday and it was so cute. Even Cheney liked it.

Shelly said...

Martha... you are slipping for sure! But I'm sure being a grandma will get you back into the swing of things. :) And I hope I don't ever think sitting on the front portch with a good friend is unprofitable!

Thank you Heather! You are very kind. :) I just read another photographer's blog who said they were hired by a couple to retake their wedding pictures a year or so later because they were so unhappy with the ones they had on their wedding day! So, it has been done!

By any chance did you get my email? I'd sure appreciate it if you could give me some ideas. And if you don't have any... maybe you would know someone who would? Or, I suppose I could ask the bride she referred to us....

Bethany said...

You have been busy... I'll make sure to look for you during Apple Blossom and maybe even send some folks your way ;)

judi/Gmj said...

yes, you have been busy. Martha makes me giggle. I am excited for you. 3000 miles is a bit far to drop by the booth to say hey, so Hey from here.
Good luck to Heather.