Tuesday, October 10, 2006

No Excuse!


Heather bought an elliptical exercise machine. I guess I have no excuse now. I've done 3 days in a row. My legs are a bit sore - my calves mostly - but it's a good kind of sore. Sure hope I can be consistent with it. I'm trying to do it first thing in the morning before breakfast for a minimum of 20 minutes but want to work my way up to 45 minutes. I'm hoping that it will give me more energy cuz I always feel sooooo sleepy by lunchtime. I know that when I bike consistently I have a ton more energy. So, on the one hand while initially it feels like I'm losing time, I'm hoping in the long run that I will actually GAIN some time in my schedule.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I definitely agree with you about having more energy when you consistently exercise. I used to ride our exercise bike every day for 40 min. I got out of the habit when we moved a few years ago, and am now trying to get back into the every day thing. I felt WAY better when I consistently exercised, but being disciplined is tough!

Bethany said...

That's petty cool... Exercise is good for you. I need more of it.

Martha said...

I decided this fall that rachel is right. The orchard is a wonderful place to go for a walk. As long as I have someone, even Jazz, with me I feel safe. The great thing is I can walk a new way every day. It never seems to get old.

Any body know where I can get a cheap pair of cross country skiis (how do you spell that!)? It would be so cool back there in the snow. A whole new world to take pictures of.

Rachel said...

Oooh yeah!!!

Shelly said...

Isn't there a used sports shop in Webster??? You might want to check them out for used cross country skis (that's how my spell checker checked it!)... Otherwise, I'm clueless! Sounds like a great way to get your exercise in!! :)

Joe Fool said...

Exercise?? Who needs that?

Rachel said...

Wow, you must be really busy on that thing. No time for blogging anymore?

Martha said...

I've been wondering too.

Bethany said...

Must be Shelly's so busy exercising that she has no time to blog!