Monday, November 06, 2006

Apology

I'm so sorry everyone for disappearing for such a long time! I have been extremely busy lately and I'm afraid I've let busy-ness get in the way of ALL of my relationships. Why is it that the most important things are the things that I often let slide? And I allow those other things that really don't matter all that much to make me run ragged????

So, what have I been up to? Mostly I've been trying to get my stock galleries built up. It takes up way too much time! And I have no idea how to speed the process up. So... I'm either shooting pictures, fixing pictures that I should have taken right in the first place but didn't, uploading and keywording pictures, and starting the process all over again....

We've also redone our living room. After living here for 12 years we've FINALLY started redecorating. A friend of mine who loves to paint talked me into it. I hate the whole process - but things really are much more fun when you are working with a friend. :) She actually painted the entire living room for me. While she was doing that I was tearing down the wallpaper in the dining room cuz that's next on her agenda.

Other than that I've been taking my kids to and from work, lessons, and other little errands. I do go to the mall once a week to minister there and then I have church activities that also keep me busy. Plus, I'm supposed to be homeschooling my kiddos.... Oh yes, and how can I forget, I'm working hard to get my own schooling done. I got one more photo project submitted and only two left to go! I don't have much time left though so I'm going to have to ask for an extension. I really want to complete this cuz so often I don't finish what I start and well, I don't like that I do that!!!

I know that God's word says that his yoke is easy and his burden is light... right now it doesn't feel light at all. So... I suppose I've picked up burdens that were never meant to be picked up...

I want my friends to know that I do love and appreciate them. And I hope they will all forgive me for neglecting them.... for letting busy-ness get in the way. I will try to once again get my priorities in order!! And make time for the people that God has placed in my life and that I am totally blessed to know!

PS I tried to post a picture of my friend painting the living room... but it's not working today. Will post later so you can see the colors!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

We love you Shelly! I miss seeing you around in real life.

Rachel said...

Hey, we just painted our living room too! It sounds like you have been crazy busy. I missed your blogging.

Martha said...

Lately I have been missing all of my friends, but I know God is still here and still using me. Making a priority of staying home has been both a blessing and a challange. I don't get out to a women's bible study or prayer group either but I do love being home and babysitting.

Shelly, the trick is in knowing which burdens you were never meant to carry. When you figure out how to tell, give me a clue too.

Shelly said...

Thanks everyone.... I'll try and get on here a bit more often.