Friday, February 01, 2008

The Saga Continues....



We have an appointment to meet a mother of a bride on Thursday.... Go figure!


I ordered the above pictures - a 12x18 and a 16x24 to show her. And then the 16x24 will go up for sale in a local framing/matting shop. (At least that's the plan)



*** TIP: When hiring a photographer ALWAYS ask to see prints.

It's much harder to hide things in prints - particularly in large prints. ***


Brett gave me the go ahead to purchase lights.... He said that he knows I can make money with them. It did make me feel good to know that he had such confidence in me but I'm still back and forth with it trying to figure out what I should do! That means more debt and yet.... how do I pay for my other debt without them? I keep wondering if there isn't a creative solution that I'm missing! And if I'm just being impatient? hmmmm.....




5 comments:

Heather said...

I will be praying for you, Shelly. I am sure they will love your pictures, especially when they see that beautiful bride!

Martha said...

I'm wondering why lights are so expensive. It does seem that there should be a more reasonable alternative. Maybe some old theater has some stowed away in a back closet...

PS. The bride is gorgeous!

Heather said...

Shelly, the picture looks so incredible on the metallic paper. Beautiful!

Shelly said...

Heather... That is why I ordered that picture. I loved the final print!! And metallic paper has a way of really bringing out the color. But it also does wonders for black and white/sepia. :)

Shelly said...

Martha... Well, I actually could buy some cheaper ones and may end up having to do just that but I really wanted lights that were able to be CORDLESS so I could take them outdoors and also so I don't have to worry about having a nearby outlet and tripping over cords all the time!