Saturday, May 31, 2008

Digital Before and After

While my goal is to always get photos right in camera rather than relying on photo editing skills to save the day... I am a firm believer that editing skills are very important to taking your work to another level.

Here's a couple of before and after examples from yesterday's senior session....

BEFORE:
AFTER:
BEFORE:


AFTER:


Mostly I use some Photoshop actions that I've managed to acquire through the years for my basic workflow.


I typically whiten a persons eyes/teeth, smooth out a persons skin (it's easy to overdo this part!), and boost the color.
For these I also dodged the white background to make it go completely white and I adjusted the hue saturation to slightly modify the color of Stephanie's hoodie. Oh, and I sharpened them a bit (I'm learning how necessary this is for digital pictures!) and I cropped.
I think the effort was well worth it!!!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Nicely done... She looks way familiar, but I can't put my finger on exactly who she is. Is she a local?

Martha said...

Beautiful job. You do nice work. Can I have your card?

Rachel said...

Very nice!

Shelly said...

Thanks. Bethany, yes, she is local!

Shelly said...

And of course Martha! :)