Saturday, June 14, 2008

Marissa

I had another senior this morning - WHAT FUN!!!! We had planned to go to the Arboretum (a popular place for photos!) and this morning it looked so beautiful out. I got all the way over there (about 20 minutes from my house) and it started raining... and then raining harder.... We decided to head back to my house and do the indoor portion of the session. Of course by the time we got back to my house it was BEAUTIFUL out! *sigh* But we kept plenty busy and will finish up the outdoor portion another day. I know it's easier on the seniors when we break it up. It can be very tiring being in front of the camera having me pose you and tweak a little here and a little there until I'm finally satisfied and we can move to the next pose! And that's not mentioning having to smile (or not - depending on what I'm looking for) and trying not to blink when the flash goes off or trying not to squint in the sun. Well you get the picture! hahaha!!!!

Anyways... here's a couple of favorites so far with a couple of different styles.





I'm still trying to decide on this one.... It's a sepia tone with a bit of a twist.




I get asked about selective coloring frequently by clients. I think you either love it or hate it. I love it when it's done correctly! It takes a lot of extra work to accomplish this effect... but the results are often well worth it!


One more... Marissa also plays the piano. We ran over to her church to get this very tricky photo. We had several obstacles to overcome - reflections being the biggest!



2 comments:

Martha said...

Very nice!
I like the one with the rose.

I went to a wedding at the lighthouse in Sodus Point today. It was a beautiful spot and it only sprinkled on the wedding. I thought about how you would have been freaking out if you were out there with your "baby".

judi/Gmj said...

You went and had a Baby?
You are getting better and better. I need to practice on lighting isues. :D