Thursday, March 09, 2006

Photo Adventures

People are always asking me what my favorite subject is for a photo... I must say I tend to like faces - People, animals, even insects!! Landscapes and flowers generally bore me. I have seen a few that 'wow' me - but those are the exception!! I especially like to capture personality! Sea-gulls are fun cuz they are so NASTY! Babies are fun - cuz, well, they are babies and who doesn't like babies? LOL.

Here's a few different animals I've managed to capture...

We found this crow on our front porch last summer, squawking up a storm! (And pooping too! YUCK!!!) He was obviously injured cuz I chased him around for a while snapping hundreds of pix and he never flew away. I had him cornered here - up in our basement window sill. LOL. Anything for a picture. That's my motto!



My mom and I went over to Seneca Park last winter with a bag of peanuts. Before long we had several hungry squirrels. They got their peanuts and we got our pictures. It was a BLAST!!!




I have a little testimony to go along with this picture... I was at church and found this hawk perched up in the branches directly above my van. I was kinda bummed because I didn't have my camera with me. When I drove off I thought for sure that I would scare him away, but he didn't budge! Later that evening I had to head back to church for a Bible study. This time I brought my camera with me - just in case!!! And on the way to the church I prayed that the hawk would still be there. AND HE WAS!!!! :) I parked RIGHT UNDER THE BRANCH that he was perched on, climbed up onto the roof of my van, and snapped away!! Right after I had packed away my camera and had gone into the church he flew off!!! God is so good! And really does care about the little things!!!!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I wish I had a nasty ol' crow on my porch, so I could snap pictures of him...

Martha said...

My very favorite flower photo is one where it looks as though the daisy (or Black-eyed-Susan) is playing peek-a-boo. Does that count as as face picture? Maybe I'll put it on my blog some day...

Shelly said...

One of the problems with comments on these things... you never know if one is being sarcastic! ;)

Bethany said...

Sometimes crows do make for interesting photos... and I could use some o' those. (I'm trying to get ready for St. Patricks day, if you couldn't tell)

fashion freak said...

I loved that crow.