Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hot Frogs!


Aren't they a cute couple? These are my mom's neighbors Fire Bellied Toads which she graciously allowed me to photograph in exchange for a print. They didn't like posing for the camera though and kept me quite busy chasing after them!! I snapped this one just before one of 'em hopped away. I submitted these guys over to Shutterstock this morning for review. Hopefully they will sell as well as my big ugly toad! He continues to sell well and is currently the #1 selling toad over at Shutterstock!! I'm pretty proud of that fact - can you tell??? I've sold 220 photos to date... I'm not going to make my goal of 400 by the end of the month, but, oh well! I'm still having fun and I'm making progress and I'm learning tons in the process. So, that's what counts. I'm also trying to take a breather every now and again and spend some time doing other things besides taking pictures - like spending time with the family. I realize that I can get so wrapped up in this that I miss out on what is really important!! As much as I believe that God gave me this passion - I also know that in His book (the only book that counts) relationships come FIRST! A relationship with Him and then with our families and with others.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Now why would anyone want one of those for a pet? Yew!!! I'd much rather have my cats.

Rachel said...

Those are some pretty cool looking frogs!

Shelly said...

LOL! I was wondering the same thing myself. As much as I thought they looked kinda cool... I didn't think they were much of a pet.

Now a little story about these guys - I entered this photo into the BP contest and someone asked me if they were poisonous. I almost answered right off that of course not as I was handling these things like crazy trying to take their pictures and the owner never said anything. But then I thought maybe they are but they took the poison out somehow... So I did a quick internet search. Come to find out, they are toxic!! They said that humans can have some reaction so be careful handling them. And wash your hands before touching your face, eyes or mouth. LOL. I just can't believe she never told me to be careful. Apparently they can be deadly to other animals so you really need to keep these little guys away from other pets. One woman put another pet toad in with them and it didn't take long and the thing was dead!!!

Martha said...

They look pretty scary to me. That would be enough for me to say, Ah, no thanks!"

Shelly said...

Anything for a picture! ;)

Priscilla said...

That's exactly what I was going to ask...Are they poisonous? Usually frogs with this type of coloring are.