Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Climbing Hills

I went out on the bike again this evening. Being very familiar with this area I of course know the hilly routes and the flat routes. The other day when I went out I decided to take it easy since I'm still so out of shape - so I chose a flatter route. But tonight I decided to challenge myself with a few hills.

God has a way of speaking to me through my day to day activities and he's taught me a lot just through bike riding. Tonight as I was riding I began pondering some of the lessons he's taught me. The one that comes back to me again and again (especially when I'm faced with yet another hill to climb!) is that I may not like climbing hills much but they always make me stronger!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Housework can be like climbing hills also. The strength likely won't be physical but there are benefits. And then... there are those days when you just have to walk away from it all.

judi/Gmj said...

Run, Shelly, Run!! She said the ugly word!! Hire a housekeeper, con a kid, discard everything that needs dusting and is not essential to life!........
Well, if God says Clean, then you Clean. Personally, he has never even hinted that to me. :o)

Shelly said...

Thanks Martha! (Can you read *sarcasm*!) Just kidding... Unfortunately God has told me to clean!! And I am happier and healthier when my house is clean and clutter free. When it gets to this point though it is ever so hard to get motivated cuz it just seems overwhelming. My goals for today - clear off the coffee table which somehow became a nasty hot-spot, get the laundry caught up and just general CHUCKING! :)

PS My sink may not be shiny but it is empty! :)