Sunday, May 06, 2007

Ramblings....


I went over to the Peterham's farm today to take pictures of the blossoms.... these are peach blossoms. I was going to also take cherry blossoms but I got side-tracked. The appleblossoms should be out in a week or two. Our annual Appleblossom Festival is in less than two weeks - so hopefully they will be in full bloom! I've been planning for sometime to go so I can get my photojournalism shot for my photography class... but I scheduled a senior portrait shoot on that day. ARRRGH! Guess I'm gonna have to get out to the lilac festival. Does anyone know when that is????

Brett left for Texas today. He's there training for his new job. Don't ask me what his new job is - cuz I have no clue except that it's still in computers relating to the network at Xerox (but he works for EDS). Anywayz... he's in Lewisville. I desperately wanted to go with him... but he said maybe next time.

I might have to shoot a wedding on Saturday. I'm hoping anyway!! Came up all of a sudden... Of course it isn't a done deal... but it sounds kind of promising (though I didn't talk to the bride or groom or any relations LOL!). I was told that she had a photographer but for some reason she doesn't think she can make it. They were considering just asking guests to shoot and hope that everything comes out. So sad... Besides the marriage (which of course is most important) there is nothing left when all is said and done except for the photos. I realize that probably one of the reasons I LOVE photography is that I LOVE having those memories. I remember my mom saying that that would be the one thing she would want to save out of everything else if her house was burning down. I think I have similar feelings....

Well, I suppose I've rambled in this post! LOL. Hope everyone had a happy, Christ filled Sunday!

5 comments:

Gudl said...

Very nice picture! Funny, I have a very similar one that I will post tonight. The blossoms are beautiful, aren't they?

Martha said...

The Apple Blossom festival and the Lilac run at about the same time, May 11-20.

Lewisville, Tx is the next town over from Plano. I figured it had to be close.

The blossoms are beautiful and I enjoyed your rambling.

Priscilla said...

pretty picture

judi/Gmj said...

Venting is good for the body and the soul. Are ya feeling better?

Shelly said...

Gudl... thanks, I will check out your photo!! And yes, they are beautiful.

Thanks Martha for the info! Sure hope I can drag myself out there... Not even really sure HOW.

Thanks Priscilla.

Did I sound like I was venting Gmj? I was wound up (and I didn't have any caffeine either)... it was late and I was excited about the thought that I might have a wedding and yet trying to figure out how I'm going to pull it off!! There are sooo many things to pull together in a short time if this thing is gonna fly!! I'll feel better when all of this is settled. :)