Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Imaginings....



Okay... so we are a little worried. When we got Teena she weighed a little over 4 lbs. After her surgeries she dropped to a little over 3 pounds. Now she's over SIX POUNDS!!!! She's getting quite round! (amazing at 6 pounds how round she is!)

I took Romeo to the vet when he was 4 and a half months and said that he's really figured out this birds and bees thing should we get him fixed? The vet said that no, he's still too little and he really shouldn't (notice the non commitment here!) be able to get her pregnant. So about 5 weeks ago Teena goes into heat. We tried to be extra cautious and keep them apart... but well.... Romeo's a feisty little pup to put it mildly. And he knows what he wants and he usually gets what he wants!!

So we scheduled an appointment to have Romeo neutered in spite of the fact he wasn't 6 months old yet (the recommended age)....

But, the question is, were we too late? Could Teena actually be pregnant? They aren't even house trained yet for goodness sakes!! What will I do with a whole litter of naughty little poms?!!! And oh! What if they all have heart murmurs????

I sure hope we are imagining all those tummy movements and the very round bulgy belly.... Or that she's just fat and has a lot of gas!!

I'm not totally convinced quite yet... but my family has decided that I'm just in denial....

10 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! It would be awful cute to have a whole bunch of little puppies, though! Do you give dogs a "pregnancy test" or just wait and see what happens?

Rachel said...

Uhoh! Maybe all of the puppies should go to the vet who told you it was too soon to neuter Romeo. Lol!

Martha said...

Little dogs sure are confusing. Mine is having what I think is a "puppy heat". There aren't any male dogs hanging around or barking at the door but she sure looks a little funny down there. I just don't want to be bothered with this spaying deal again... I don't have the time.

judi/Gmj said...

Lol!!! puppy pregers test!! Vets do that don't they?

Shelly said...

Haha! I like the idea of giving the pups to the vet.

I don't know 'bout puppy preggie tests (though I read you can tell by taking their temp as it drops when they are pregnant) and I've spent soooo much money in vet bills recently that I don't want to take her until I'm absolutely sure!!!

The poor dog! We keep pressing on her tummy trying to decide if it's possible and if we really feel movement in there... And of course we keep checking her little nipples to see if they are swelling....

Rachel said...

Are they?

Shelly said...

It's kinda hard to tell...

Heather said...

I can't wait to find out for sure!

Gudl said...

That will be interesting....

Bethany said...

Yikes!