Saturday, September 15, 2007

Just One More

year until my *midlife crisis*. But I'm afraid it's gonna be mighty boooring. Either it's too expensive or it's too crazy for this rather conservative person.

A few of the suggestions I've been given to celebrate this time in my life...

1. Belly button piercing.
2. Tongue piercing.
3. Tatoo.
4. Take up a new sport such as mud wrestling. (does photography count as a sport????)
5. Buy a new bikini (what, to replace the old one? Ha!), and chase lounge and take up sunbathing in the backyard. (A good way to show off that belly button piercing!)
6. Breast implants.

*sigh* I really do hate being boring! And yet.... I can't bring myself to do any of those things.... I need some adventure in my life. Something to spice it up a bit.... Has my midlife crisis begun????

11 comments:

Rachel said...

I've seen way too many broken teeth from tongue piercings, just saw one Thursday in fact. And how do you talk with those things?

How about a nice vacation with your hubby to a faraway place?!

Rachel said...

Oh, Happy Birthday!!!

judi/Gmj said...

Travel!!! "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." :O) Have you ever been on a cruise? Sounds like something fun, fairly safe, something to plan and look forward to. Ahh, let me think... you could call it job networking? See, what if you took all these great shots of tourists and the cruise ship hired you to tour and take photos? Well, dreams are fun :O)

Martha said...

Sorry, I'm fresh out of ideas.
Hey, you forgot to mention the "new baby" idea! Didn't care for that one, huh?

Heather said...

I never thought about people breaking their teeth from having tongue piercings. I just turned 40 this year, Shelly and I, too, am boring.

Rachel said...

I've given it some thought and I think you should go for the breast implants...be brave and get those double D's you've always wanted! Lol!

Martha said...

And then there's Rachel...

judi/Gmj said...

Are you really a double D Rachel???

Shelly said...

After I posted I thought how depressing that post was and should have deleted it.... Sorry!!! Guess I'm feeling old and pathetic. But I got a few laughs out of it anyways!

Martha - I think I'd go for the double d's before I went for another baby right now!!
Know any good surgeons Rachel?....

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martha said...

Hey, at least a baby grows up and is on his own someday. Those double D's just keep hanging around. LOL!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)