Sunday, December 16, 2007

More Practice....



Well, it''s late (or should I say early?) and I should be sleeping... but I was pretty excited about what I'm learning and that usually makes for a restless night. So, rather than toss and turn, I thought I'd come down and blog a bit.
In my last post I shared some photos I had taken with my flash. I was happy that I managed to take them and still capture the lights from the tree... BUT, I knew that I needed to do better still to do the kind of job at the wedding that I want to do! Some of my photos were just plain unacceptable and my success rate was probably 1 out of 3 or 4 photos. Not good enough! Plus I couldn't get enough depth of field in my shots for more than 1 person. So... I did a little more research to learn how to do this with my strobes. I won't bore you with the details about how this shot was taken (unless someone out there really wants to know!).... BUT, I can now take a picture, capture the lights in the background, and be confident that it will come out sharp even with a moving subject and get the depth of field that I will need for a larger group! YIPEE!!! I still have some practice to do and testing with different scenarios. But I'm making huge strides and getting way more confident that I can get the photos I want to get. :)
Very fun!!!!
***EDIT*** For anyone that is interested in the 'technical details' of this shot you can visit my other blog here.

5 comments:

Gudl said...

Very, very nice. Great job.

junglemama said...

This is a great photo! Absolutely stunning.

Martha said...

Yes, very nice. I can't wait to see the wedding pictures!

Heather said...

Very nice. Shelly, I didn't get your email. I hope I didn't delete it! Can you send it again? Did you get the email with the pictures of the church?

judi/Gmj said...

uHuh, Uhuh!! you are gona make a mint at this!! The new CAMERA was a good investment.