Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Becoming World Champ



I thought I'd share a project my mom and I have been working on. It's a magazine article about Kyle, a 10 year old boy, who is a rising star in the world of Radio Controlled Helicopters. He is already competing against some of the top pilots in the world. (This picture is of Kyle with a pilot who is ranked number 2 in the world.) Kyle is extremely dedicated - practicing hours every day, whether on the field or on a simulator. His parents actually have to make him stop sometimes to do other things! But they are very supportive of his hobby and do all they can to help him succeed at his goal of becoming world champ!

We sent our manuscript and pictures off to a publisher several weeks ago and never heard BOO!! BUMMERS. But it is off to another publisher (Highlights). So maybe...

We also have plans of making a book on the hobby of Radio Controlled Helicopters. It is a growing hobby. People spend thousands of dollars on helicopter kits, teaching videos, radios, simulators, engines and other parts and paraphernalia. They have to first build their helicopters! And they often crash (though Kyle doesn't!) and have to either repair or rebuild. To each his own I suppose! I have my hobby and wonder why everyone doesn't want to be a photographer and I'm sure these hobbyists wonder the same!! LOL. It never ceases to amaze me how wonderfully different God created each person.

No comments: