Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lot's More Stock...









I went over to Beka's yesterday to take some more stock photos. As the girls raced away, I snapped pictures.





I've been working really hard at building up my stock portfolio and I'm seeing my sales go up, up, up! Sure hope they stay up!





Whenever I can't find people willing to model for me, I often turn to the dogs...
Or I find things around the house to take pictures of...




I can't take credit for the set up of the duck pictures. One night Heather was goofing around with her camera and took a similar shot. I asked if I could do one for stock and she graciously agreed. :)



Designers often need borders or backgrounds. I intentionally left a lot of negative space in this photo for that purpose. There's plenty of room for text!

I'd still rather be doing portraits.... but I'm paying the bills AND doing what I love best, taking photos! And I must admit it's fun watching my numbers go up. Maybe eventually I'll learn to take stock photos that I love as much as portrait and wedding photos!! I know it can be done as I have seen them, I just haven't figured it out yet.

I do have some more photo ideas in my head though that I'm pretty excited about so stay tuned!!

By the way... if anyone else is interested in getting into stock photography just click on the links below! And if you need any help getting started feel free to ask away!!!

Istock
Shutterstock
Dreamstime
Bigstock

Oh... and for those of you with artistic talent, vectors sell very well!!! Better than photographs I hear. You don't have to be a photographer to do this!!

No comments: