Monday, October 15, 2007

Paul Mitchell Girl



Wed night: We heard about the audition.


Thursday Night: Heather gets her hair cut and colored and gets a nasty cold too.


Friday: Heather is still sick as a dog but goes to work anyway knowing full well that she has her very first audition in the morning.


Saturday: We leave at 9:00 AM for the audition with Paul Mitchell in Buffalo at 11. Heather sniffed and coughed and blew her nose the entire way there. We arrived 1/2 hour late (I got lost!). Too late for her to walk with the taller girls so she sneaks in with the shorter girls in spite of feeling sick as ever and having a red nose from blowing it constantly. Tony Promiscuo was slowly making his way down the long line of excited and anxious girls, examining their hair and asking questions... Then he skipped a bunch of girls and stopped at Heather. He asked if she'd be willing to go shorter in the back. She agreed and was hired on the spot! We signed the papers and THEN learned that we had to be back the next morning at 6 AM!!!!!! That meant getting up at 3 to leave by 4 and praying I wouldn't get lost.


Sunday: Tired, groggy, and with poor Heather still feeling yuck, we hit the road by 4 AM to arrive at 6. Yes, I got lost AGAIN - but we made it in time. In fact we beat the hair stylist and make-up artist! There was still 3 hours before the first show. While Heather was getting her hair recolored and in make-up/wardrobe, I went down to the lobby. Another parent was there and we talked the hours away. Before I knew it I was watching my beautiful daughter walk down the aisle dressed in a little black and white outfit and high heels with TONS of make-up on. (Which is necessary for stage.) She sat up on the stage as Tony Promiscuo demonstrated how to do the Kiki cut. It was a lot of fun and she did very well and didn't trip once in those spiked heels! :) I think I was more nervous than she was!!! She was only scheduled for the 9 AM show and we were told that we would have to stay until the last show which ended at 5:30. Thankfully they let us go shortly after lunch. We got home around 5:30 (and yes, I got lost coming home too!!).


It was an exciting day!! And exhausting too....


***Sorry about the lack of pictures... I didn't think they would appreciate me in there with my big camera and I didn't think to bring Heather's point and shoot. All I had was my cell phone! *sigh***

8 comments:

Shelly said...

BTW, I forgot to add that there were 150 girls at the audition and only 18 chosen!!!

Martha said...

Well, I suppose that will make for some memories! (And I was reluctant to let Ben try out for the new "Mikey"...)

judi/Gmj said...

Oh how exciting!!! Yeah Heather!!! I love Paul Mitchell!!
I lost my fav hair stylist to him though!
He wanted her in the Islands so like she would say "no" Ha fat chance.

Shelly said...

Yes, she was very excited! And besides getting paid (though we are still not sure how much) they gave her quite a bit of free products - which she was THRILLED with!!!

Sorry 'bout your hair stylist! Have you found another???

Gudl said...

Very cool! And Heather looks GREAT!
How exciting!

judi/Gmj said...

Naw, still shopping for a great hair dresser like Joan Carey, bless her fickle little heart!

Rachel said...

That's really neat! I'll bet she was psyched!

Heather said...

OH my goodness. That is so exciting!