Monday, April 10, 2006

Giant, Lumpy, Marshmallow Mom


On Saturday I hid away in my bedroom and read most of the day. I was WONDERFULLY lazy! :) Actually, every time I came out of my bedroom I noticed that the rest of the house seemed kinda chilly and so back to my room I'd go... It was just too cozy to leave it, and quiet to boot. A combination no mother could refuse! Yesterday I noticed my room was getting rather hot and yet the rest of the house wasn't very warm at all. There was a funny smell in there too... It all seemed pretty weird to me. I never remember my room being warmer than the rest of the house and now it was significantly warmer! Brett checked all the vents... nothing seemed suspicious. Finally he went down to the basement to check the furnace. Sure enough - a broken belt. UGH! So last night he turned it off and told me not to touch it until he was able to get it fixed. The house got colder and colder and colder through the night. I was under my nice thick comforter and on a toasty water bed, shivering away!!! And I had no hope for a better tomorrow! I envisioned myself bundled up in several layers of clothing, looking like a giant, lumpy, marshmallow mom and still chattering away. So I thought... hmmm... I could either keep myself moving, like clean the entire house from top to bottom and maybe that would keep me warm, or I could just LEAVE! But where would I go??? Should I take the kids shopping? Or should I ask my dear friend Martha to have pity on me? She hates the cold almost as much as I do!! (Are you feeling sorry for me yet????) Thankfully, however, Brett has managed a temporary fix. Hopefully temporary means at least until he gets home! But for the moment I am not dressed like the lumpy marshmallow mom (maybe a little frumpy - but not lumpy) and I'm sitting comfortably on my couch typing away!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I tried adding a picture... But Blogspot wouldn't let me. :(

Martha said...

A cold house is definitely not fun. I could have been sympathetic if you had given me the chance. Hey, maybe next time, huh?

Priscilla said...

I would have gone to Martha's house. She has a nice cozy wood burning stove as I realize you are aware of...and she likes to make me tea!