Friday, April 21, 2006

Making New Friends

I've been out trying to make friends with my neighbor-hood squirrels. These squirrels aren't like the ones at Seneca Park where it didn't take much effort to get them to come close to you. They are much more reluctant! But I'm making progress with one in particular. He's coming closer and closer for the peanuts. Hopefully we will eventually be good friends and then I can get some really cute pictures (yes, I know, I have a one track mind!). I'd like to attract some chipmunks too. I don't have any pictures of chipmunks. I've seen 'em around... but not often. I think there's a rabbit that lives nearby as well. I wonder how I can get him to come out or find out exactly where he lives. Any ideas?

6 comments:

Martha said...

I have no ideas on how to make friends with rabbits. Squirrels on the other hand are very social. I like squirrels!

Shelly said...

My mom told me that in Florida she bought carrots with all the green still on top and dug a little hole in her yard and PLANTED IT. All this to attempt to get a picture of a rabbit doing something. LOL. Like I said, "Anything for a picture!!"

Martha said...

Well, I am definitely NOT planting a vegetable garden just to get some cute pictures of rabbits! (dave got a picture last year. It was of a rabbit his cat caught. Of course, it was headless...)

Priscilla said...

Martha, that's gross!

Martha said...

Actually, come to think of it, it was bodyless.

Shelly said...

I have to say - it's still gross! And I suppose I'll have to change my motto... ALMOST anything for a picture!!