Sunday, April 30, 2006

Standing on the TRUTH

What a beautiful day! God is so good and I love, love, love Him!!!! He has filled me with such incredible JOY. How desperately I want everyone to experience for themselves the joy of the LORD. I have been doing a study on joy and I thought I’d share a little of what I’m finding. This will probably come in spurts… Here a little, there a little. Mostly all I have are notes. Meaning a lot of it is just a jumbled mess inside my head (and my computer). So bear with me as I sort it all out.

In my own battle with depression I discovered that I was believing the lies of the enemy rather than the TRUTH of God. Of course I didn’t realize that that’s what I was doing! And there were many times in the midst of my struggles that I would try and fight the lies or the depression… You cannot chase away the darkness but if you turn on the light the darkness flees. You cannot fight a lie but you can be filled with the truth and a lie simply cannot stand in the presence of truth! You cannot chase away depression but you can be filled with JOY and depression vanishes.

So, when the enemy comes and tries to tell me I’m not good enough, I simply declare truth – GOD IS MY RIGHTEOUSNESS! (Ps 24:5) When the enemy tells me that I don’t belong – I declare that I am CALLED TO BELONG! (Romans 1:6). When he tells me that I am of no value I proclaim that I am God’s TREASURED POSSESSION! (Deuteronomy 26:18) When he calls me a failure I shout, “I am MORE THAN A CONQUEROR!!” (Romans 8:37).

Your words were found and I ate them,
And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart;
For I have been called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts
- Jeremiah 15:16


So… I have discovered that one key to victory over depression is rejecting every lie of the enemy and standing on the TRUTH of God regardless of what our feelings say!! May you be filled with the JOY OF THE LORD!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

It works for me too.

Martha said...

The cockroaches scatter when you turn on the light. Praise God, He makes the darkness to flee.