Saturday, March 03, 2007

Walking Rib Cages and other Nonsense

Okay... So, Heather, my 16 year old daughter and I were playing ping-pong tonight. A rather amusing experience in itself. She serves the ball and it goes behind her! But... That's another blog entry. Tonight, she all of a sudden says, "OW, OW, OW!" In her usual, okay I'm in pain but nothing terrible really - just enough to get some attention kind of yelling. Then she says, and I quote, "I walked into my rib cage." I bust out laughing.... Then she says rather emphatically, "I meant my rib cage walked into the chair!!" To which I laugh even harder. Then she says, rather flustered and frustrated at this point, "I really meant I walked my rib cage into the chair..... Okay, FORGET the walk - I hit my rib cage on the chair!!"

So, we were being a little silly and maybe it's not so funny as what it was when you were there... but I think at least Martha will enjoy it....

3 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL! It does sound funny!!

Martha said...

Reminds me of a little boy who needed his hands washed but was too short to reach the sink. He looked up at me and said, "I want to stand on my belly button."

Shelly said...

Too cute! Well, I said the doozie today (is that how you spell doozie?)... Anyways, I said that something tasted like weak water! Haha!!