Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Change of Plans....

Well, we HAD a plan. We were going to go to a friends house for Thanksgiving. BUT their son is pretty sick so we cancelled. That means I'm making Thanksgiving dinner after-all!

I did a last minute run to Wegmans, got a turkey and some fixings.... I found the smallest fresh turkey I could (11 lbs).

There won't be a pie...

But we have some other goodies.
Turkey, stuffing a mashed potatoes...
Rolls, cranberry sauce and
Lots of fruit - YUM!
And I baked some cookies and have the makings for s'mores.
I forgot a vegetable (it wouldn't be the same if I hadn't forgotten something!) - but Brett said he'd run out tomorrow and get something.

It'll be a nice relaxing Thanksgiving at home.
Except for the fact that I hafta cook it! haha!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh good. I had just read your comment on Bethany's blog and saw that your Thanksgiving had been cancelled. It made me very nervous for you and now I feel much better knowing you have everything under control! I think it will be a very nice Thanksgiving for you even if you have to cook;)

Martha said...

If you need a squash I have several in my basement.

I'm glad you have a plan too. I wish I could invite you all over but we already have 22 people!

judi/Gmj said...

Get out!! YOU are going to cook? Oh, I am almost speechless :) I would have thought you would opt for kfc, or??? Just teasing ya!! I am secretly proud of you...shhh.
Have a great holiday.

Heather said...

Shelly, I hope all is going well with your preparations!

Rachel said...

Happy Thanksgiving!