Thursday, June 29, 2006
We've had a major disappointment this week...
Brett, Brian, and Heather all took the week off of work to go to Creation Fest, a week of camping and Christian band after band after band.... They were to leave on Tuesday morning and spent all day Monday getting ready - buying last minute items they needed for their little adventure. Heather even bought herself a digital camera (it was a proud moment indeed ;). By Monday, late afternoon, they had everything they needed and were packing up the last of their things. Brett decided to check his email one last time (he does not check his email daily like I do!).... and discovered that Creation Fest was cancelled due to the flooding in PA!!!!! Talk about last minute!!!! I wonder how many people got all the way there only to discover it had been cancelled....
13 things about vacations:
1. Expect the unexpected.
2. They are rarely relaxing - especially for mom and dad.
3. Vacations are great for family memories.
4. Most often I spend way more than intended!
5. I always forget something!!
6. I hope I NEVER forget my camera!!!!
7. I usually lose something along the way (it looks as if my cell phone is gone for good).
8. There is usually a disappointment or two along the way.
9. There are usually pleasant surprises along the way too!
10. God always goes with me.
11. They are best spent with family and friends.
12. You can have a good vacation at home.
13. When it's all said and done, it's nice to go home.